Sunday, November 13, 2005

Pandora Impresses Me Again

Pandora, which I have written about before, does not cease to impress. Aside from an ever enjoyable experience, they really seem to listen to their users. I was thrilled to have the first comment on my blog be from none other than Pandora CTO, Tom Conrad. Nice way to make those early adoptors feel welcome.

I was even more impressed when I received an e-mail from Tim Westergren, Founder of Pandora, announcing the new Pandora 2.0, which is very nice, and has a lot of great improvements over an already wonderful system. What impressed me was the generous upgrade of my three month subscription to an annual one, free of charge. Wow. I only did a quarterly subscription because my trial ran out, I hungered for more, and I don't like to spend too much money without saying something to my wife.

My only fear is that as Pandora grows, this kind of personal touch will be lost. It is nearly inevitable, but how can any growing company continue to live small to the people?

Now, if only my speakers hadn't broken.

No comments: